Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP
- US Steel is tumbling after President Donald Trump announced he will pause US tariffs on Chinese goods.
- China is promising to increase its imports of US agriculture and energy goods, much to the White House’s pleasure.
- US Steel’s stock rallied into the announcement of the tariffs and is falling now that the tariffs have been put on hold.
- Other steel stocks in the US are down as well.
- Watch US steel trade in real time here.
President Donald Trump just did a 180 on trade with China, and steel stocks are under pressure.
US Steel is down 4.77% Monday after Trump touted his revised position on trade with China, announcing the US will put its tariffs on hold.